kdesudo as another user, not root

Gerardo luisgmarengo at aim.com
Wed May 19 15:44:41 UTC 2010

I'm running Kubuntu 10.04 (AMD64). If I run kdesudo to run a program as
another user, it asks me for that user's password, but instead only
works if I enter my own password.  For example, I enter

kdesudo -u Mary firefox

It asks me for Mary's password, but if I enter Mary's password I get an
incorrect password error.  If I enter my own password, then it runs
normally as Mary.  I also have to be listed in sudoers for it to work.
If a user does not have sudo access, then it doesn't work, period.

On Hardy, I was able to run a program as another user by using
kdesu.distrib, but I can't find it in Lucid.