Nepomuk/Strigi

Mark Greenwood captain_bodge at yahoo.co.uk
Sun May 16 13:40:06 UTC 2010

On Sunday 16 May 2010 14:04:39 Jim MacLeod wrote:
> Mark Greenwood wrote:
>
> > So, I've got this Nepomuk/Strigi thing running which I believe to be some
> > kind of integrated desktop search and metadata handler, which I would find
> > really useful. The googling I've done suggests that it integrates with
> > Dolphin to allow me to tag and rate files. Can anybody tell me  how this
> > works? I can't find any options for tagging or rating, or indeed
> > searching. Where should I look?
> >
> At the simplest level, example - with Dolphin open a folder with .jpg files
> in it.
> Press F11 to open the Information panel. As you highlight and/or select a
> file it will give you options to tag/comment your pictures.
>
> Search - just click on the empty Search toolbar and go from there
>
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Mark
> HTH
> Jim

Thanks both, that's allowed me to tag and rate and search on tags. But.. I'm reading that strigi is supposed to index file contents - like ID3 tags from MP3s and EXIF data from JPEGs etc. But I can't find a way to search this data, as the Search toolbar in Dolphin only allows searching on tags, size, comment, or rating. I'd like to search for, for example, all MP3s with 'Bayou' in the title. Is there another application that I'm missing?

Thanks again,

Mark