How to get a white background and black text on lucid 10.04 kde desktop

user1 bqz69 at telia.com
Thu May 13 14:57:01 UTC 2010

> If you've installed kde *other* than "kubuntu-desktop", then 'sudo
> apt-get install kubuntu-desktop'. If you have done that, then at a
> terminal 'dpkg-reconfigure kdm' may help.

I have kubuntu-desktop installed :-)

>> How do I get a white background and black icon text on my desktop.
>>
>> How do I move the small desktop icons on the panel to the right side.

I have a white background with black text on my 9.04.

But how do I get exactly that in 10.04?

> There is a small 'cashew' on top right corner of screen, right click and
> 'unlock widgets', then a similar cashew will appear at the panel, right
> click and modify away.

I use to right click on the desktop to unlock/lock widgets.

I find KDE 4.2.2. to be owerwhelming with setup alternatives! - difficult
to learn for new users.

>> Anybody know about a quick setup guide to kde 4.4.x in lucid 10.04

> These may help, not specifically on kubuntu, but applies nevertheless.
> http://userbase.kde.org/
> http://www.kde.org/

By the way, I am very positive impressed by this new KDE :-)

Congratulations to all you smart developers out there!

I wrote above to tell other linux people that lucid is good - to spread
the word

There is less activity on this list, thats's why I prefer the ubuntu
users list, as more people will see my questions there I feel.

By the way I tried to report a bug about kalarm not giving audio alarm,
but the launchpad system would not recognize my username/password when I
was transferred to the kde bug tracking system - I have reported this to
the launchpad people.