How can I get X to work on older, wierd netbooks

Lou Katz ubuntu at metron.com
Fri May 7 19:10:16 UTC 2010

I have an older Kohjinsha netbook with an AMD Geode processor that reports
Geode LX Video. The 10.04 Xubuntu CD shows up just fine with the Xubuntu logo
and while booting, shows the mouse-in-the-moon graphics logo. Once booted,
I have a blank screen. X is running and I can get to the command line screens
(Ctrl-Alt-F1,F2, etc). I would be happy for now if I could just coax X to
use whatever graphics mode was used during booting. Any hints or pointers???
--

-=[L]=-

Schizophrenia beats being alone.