Lucid Lynx and grub

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Sun May 2 18:07:19 UTC 2010

On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 10:04 AM, Mario Andes <multilingus at gmx.de> wrote:

> I commented out the GRUB_DEFAULT=option
> and inserted GRUB_SAVEDEFAULT=true
> Before I installed the alternate version of Lucid.
> The system works better even if it forgets the last programs I used.
> The default system problem hasn't changed with the new constant.
> It's really amazing that this good working mechanism of starting
> automatically the last system used was abandonned!

It has not been abandoned. It is just a bug. File a report and in the
meantime use
grub-set-default x
as I suggested earlier.

You can even do the following while this bug is sorted out
$ sudo vi /etc/grub.d/01_savedefault
#! /bin/sh
/usr/sbin/grub-set-default x  # x is the default entry
$ sudo chmod 755 /etc/grub.d/01_savedefault
$ sudo update-grub