RE: CD and DVD RW not detected‏

Ahmad Abou el-naga champion_2010 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 31 13:21:49 UTC 2010

> > > How do you know they are not detected? Can they be found by $ sudo lshw
> > > -c disk
> >
> > I think you mean $ sudo lshw -C disk :)
>
> No, I didn't. It's exactly the same.

here's the output:

Hardware Lister (lshw) - B.02.14
usage: lshw [-format] [-options ...]
       lshw -version

        -version        print program version (B.02.14)

format can be
        -html           output hardware tree as HTML
        -xml            output hardware tree as XML
        -short          output hardware paths
        -businfo        output bus information

options can be
        -class CLASS    only show a certain class of hardware
        -C CLASS        same as '-class CLASS'
        -c CLASS        same as '-class CLASS'
        -disable TEST   disable a test (like pci, isapnp, cpuid, etc. )
        -enable TEST    enable a test (like pci, isapnp, cpuid, etc. )
        -quiet          don't display status
        -sanitize       sanitize output (remove sensitive information like serial numbers, etc.)
        -numeric        output numeric IDs (for PCI, USB, etc.)