Any experience with "LaCie Portable DVD±RW", together with a netbook, K3B and Kubuntu?

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 20:45:22 UTC 2010

Hello Everybody

At present, I am considering to buy a small external USB 2.0 device.
The device needs to be able to play and burn CD's and DVD's:  in
collaboration with my
ASUS Eee 1001 HА Netbook as well as with any other PC in a Kubuntu 9.10
environment. Тhe device I am considering is a "LaCie Portable DVD±RW".
According to the specs I have seen so far, the device seems to
function with Linux and several other OS. See:
http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?pid=11351
Does anybody have experience with such a device in combination with a
netbook, K3B and Kubuntu?
Thx for your reply. Respectfully yours,
Bas.