network manager applet in kubuntu

Alan Dacey Sr. grokit at ajinfosearch.com
Fri Mar 26 10:17:40 UTC 2010

On Friday 26 March 2010 06:15:55 am you wrote:
> On Friday 26 March 2010 03:28:56 am you wrote:
> > Alan Dacey Sr. wrote:

> > > sudo apt-get install wicd
> >
> > I know how wicd works and have  used it for years. But wicd does not
> > support vpn (not that I recall) and can not handle Mobile broadband
> > connections.
> >
> > So the query was: how to install gnome nm-applet in Kubuntu 9.10, not
> > how to install wicd

Hmm, I guess actually reading everything in an email helps to get the real
ideas that someone is trying to say :/

When I need to use a vpn in kubuntu I use the program KVpnc.  It works very
well for me, never drops to what I connect with.  I do not know of any KDE
applet that works.  If I had to guess, I'd purge the KDE network applet
(after backup), install the gnome applet and see if that works.  I would
imagine that it will not show up in the system tray, but that is just my
half-empty part talking.

--
Alan

"The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from
the support of a cause we believe to be just."
Abraham Lincoln