New to kubuntu

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Wed Mar 24 17:17:34 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 24 March 2010 4:01:43 am Eric wrote:
> I prefer to use Synaptic. I think it comes pre-installed.

It is only pre-installed in Gnome.  It does use some Gnome libraries so it is
not really "pure" Kubuntu.  It is however "usable" Kubuntu!!

> Take a look at
> them both and you can decide for your self. If they aren't installed,
> try sudo apt-get install synaptic from Konsole. That's the way to
> install any program that's in the repositories using the command line.
> Since kpackagekit is installed you can use it to install Synaptic if you
> want to take a look at it.

I like Synaptic too.  It was the first thing I installed  on my machine after
installing Kubuntu.  It is in the native repositories.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org  _Registered Kubuntu User: #27403