wireless failure

Tom Bell cbell44 at cfl.rr.com
Mon Mar 22 22:22:05 UTC 2010

Knapp wrote:
> That is not an option. One crash every few months is not a reason to
> give myself a months worth of work getting everything set up again.
>
> I need to fix the wifi. A crashing computer should not take out the
> wifi each time. As the cause of the crash is likely beta drivers for
> Bamboo that I need(There are no finish ones).

> * * * SNIP! * * *

Modify settings or unsubscribe at:

Have you tried Synaptic and click on "Edit" -> "Fix Broken Packages"?
What package are you using for WiFi? WICD? KNetwork Connections?
I don't know what happened to KNetwork Manager unless the name was
changed to KNetwork Connections.
What do you get when you type "sudo ifup wlan0"?  If you don't have
Wlan0 then use whatever name is given for your wireless.
What do you get with "iwconfig"?

Tom
--
"PC, "Where would you like to go today?" ...
Mac, "Where would you like to be tomorrow?" ...