Kubuntu Stole My Computer

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 18:59:21 UTC 2010

>> Can someone __PLEASE__ tell me how to fix this?

My recent complications at the desktop are similar, though much less
extreme. There are e.g. some broken dependencies disabling me to get
new updates. However it may be: within a few weeks, I will backup
everything at the harddisk, completely 'reformat' (dd) it and make a
fresh install of Kubuntu Karmic - but without open backport ppa which
caused most of the complications. I will create 2 Linux partitions: a
bigger one meant as production machine with Karmic and a smaller one
for experiments with the upcoming "Lucid"  edition.
In your case, I would for sure advise to backup your data as soon as
possible at an external HD, reformat your internal HD and
fresh-install Karmic at it, without open backport ppa.

Respectfully yours,