No wicd, no network

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 12:35:41 UTC 2010

> don't know why but suspect that the wicd settings file has and error
> or something. So my thought is for you to rename your current one to
> backup or del it and restart your computer. Perhaps this will help.
> Can't hurt and you can always restore the settings file.

Thanks! That did it!
$ sudo mv /etc/wicd/wired-settings.conf /etc/wicd/wired-settings.conf-OLD

Of course, had I bothered to read the wicd log I would have seen that
the file was unparsable and saved us both some time!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com
http://what-is-what.com

Please CC me if you want to be sure that I read your message. I do not
read all list mail.