Black screen upon starting up Kubuntu

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Fri Mar 12 07:45:53 UTC 2010

Tom H wrote:

>>> Does nothing on my machine.
>
>> In some computers, need to press a couple of times, maybe more.
>> Make sure you get all 4 keys at same time.
>
> No need for ctl.

Didn't know that. I'll try it on reboot. Thanks.

There is another way to boot 2.6.32-16-generic, ie.,
at grub menu modify and remove quiet and splash.
It boots okay for me too.
So many ways to boot... so little time....

Also, maybe it is perhaps time to reiterate that for ppa's and alpha's, it's
best to upgrade by aptitude update and aptitude safe-upgrade. Avoids all the
dependency clashes that may happen with apt-get. Perhaps that's the problem.

Regards - Goh Lip