MySQL log with errors

Reinhold Rumberger rrumberger at web.de
Wed Mar 10 18:04:18 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 10 March 2010, Georgi Kourtev wrote:
> It is annoying may be to raise this issue again... but I have
> again issue while starting Kontact apparently due to akonadi.
>
> At the start stage, the akonadi self-test log indicates errors at
> the MySQL server (see copy below). I followed the instructions at
> http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi#Environment_Setup with no success.

Didn't work for me, either...

> The result is that the Kalendar does not work (i.e. indicates no
> resources found).

Actually, that's probably something else since pretty much everybody
has been getting those errors, and e.g. my calendar still works.

Try not to focus on getting rid of that error, it isn't the cause for
the problem calendar problem.

Have you tried setting up the calendar resource using the KDE-
Resources settings page in the advanced tab of systemsettings?

  --Reinhold