Kubuntu/Ubuntu does not remove everything from memory at shutdown

Juergen Sauer juergen.sauer at automatix.de
Wed Mar 10 16:22:41 UTC 2010

Am Freitag, 5. März 2010 schrieb Mark Greenwood:
> > Looks like an pure Windows7 Problem. Ask them.

> No it's not a Windows problem, I have the same. If I choose 'Reboot' on my laptop from within Kubuntu, then when the laptop comes back up I have no ACPI functionality and no sound. I have to Shutdown and then switch on again to do a proper reboot from within (K)Ubuntu. This does not happen with Mandriva. However on my desktop system a reboot from Kubuntu works fine. I suspect it is an ACPI bug and I reported it to Ubuntu about, oh, two millennia ago.

Ofcours is it a Problem of the booting operation system if it can not correctla initialize the
system's hardware.

If a system is to be booted, a OS must be able to boot correctly.

In this definition it is a clearly Windoze 7 problem.

Jojo

Jürgen Sauer - automatiX GmbH, +49-4209-4699, juergen.sauer at automatix.de
Das Linux Systemhaus - Service - Support - Server - Lösungen
Geschäftsführer (Managing Director): Jürgen Sauer,
Gerichtstand: Amtsgericht Walsrode • HRB 120986
Ust-Id: DE191468481 • St.Nr.: 36/201/14198