(K)ubuntu @ Asus Eee PC 1001HA - request for advise.

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 12:24:45 UTC 2010

Hello Tom and Everybody
> Have you gone to KPackageKit, apt-get, Synaptic, Aptitude, etc.
> and looked for "kbluetooth"?

"KBluetooth" is exactly the package I am trying to use ever since
about 2 weeks. However, the dongle is not being mentioned at it's list
of 'Bluetooth Adapters". Also Dolphin does not identify my dongle.
Only the console command "lsusb" delivers a result:
bas at Viaconsensus1:~$ lsusb
Bus 004 Device 002: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd
Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode) .....(snip)
Also the Bluetooth device inside my mobile phone does not recognise
the dongle, when running Kubuntu 9.10 - so I do not manage to transmit
any file from mobile to PC. On the other hand, at a Windows partition
the dongle seems to work out-of-the-box. So, at (K)ubuntu 9.10 there
is apparently still some missing link, which I hope to find out via
this forum.

The test results summarised in the lines above do apply for both my
netbook and desktop.

Thanks, respectfully yours,

Bas.