Where is that darn icon?

Alan Dacey Sr. grokit at ajinfosearch.com
Sun Mar 7 16:14:16 UTC 2010

<grokit at ajinfosearch.com>wrote:
> >  The name should be UbuntuOne*.png  I made it from a jpeg and that is the
> >
> > naming convention I would use.  I looked in /usr/share/icons,
> > ~/.local/share/icons, and the entire machine for *ub*.png and *one*.png.
> > Still can't find it.  Searched in any folder under /usr/ with dolphin in
> > the
> > name and can't find any icon information.
>
> sudo updatedb    (sometimes the database for locate isn't up to date)
> locate UbuntuOne
>
> That should find it.  Linux is case sensitive.

Thanks, I am familiar with that command, I just don't use it that much.  I
usually search for files in Dolphin since I'm there more often.  When I'm in
the command line I'll use locate since it's quicker.
I did find the icon in ~./thumnails but it had a system file name so locate
would never have worked :)

--
Alan

"The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from
the support of a cause we believe to be just."
Abraham Lincoln