Kubuntu/Ubuntu does not remove everything from memory at shutdown

Amedee Van Gasse (ub) amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be
Fri Mar 5 15:33:52 UTC 2010

On Fri, March 5, 2010 13:36, Mark Greenwood wrote:
> On Friday 05 Mar 2010 11:44:48 Amedee Van Gasse (ub) wrote:
>> On Fri, March 5, 2010 11:29, Mark Greenwood wrote:
>>
>> > I suspect it is an ACPI bug and I reported it to Ubuntu about, oh, two
>> > millennia ago.
>>
>> Please turn that passive agressiveness in something constructive and at
>> least give a link to the bug report on launchpad.
>>

> Please learn the difference between passive agressiveness and sarcasm.

Please learn the difference between a native speaker and someone who has
learned English as his third language. A little respect please.

> The bug report got closed a long time ago due to lack of activity. That
> would not be lack of activity on my part, but on Ubuntu's, who didn't seem
> to give it much credence at all. This in turn led me to give up on the
> whole thing. You can only try so hard to be constructive.

If you do not agree with the closing of a bug then you should reopen it
and keep reopening it until the bug is solved. That's how the system
works.

I will try to find your bug report and reopen it. If I can't find it I
will create a new bug report. It can be merged if the original bug report
is still found.

--
Amedee