cannot run external program in Kate

Wolfgang Jeltsch 4cqncnl7 at acme.softbase.org
Wed Mar 3 11:29:37 UTC 2010

Am Mittwoch, 3. März 2010 12:19:43 schrieb Wolfgang Jeltsch:
> Hello again,
>
> I try to configure an external program in Kate which I want to run via a
>  menu entry or hotkey. However, if I try to run this program from within
>  Kate, a Konsole window pops up and is immediately closed.
>
> When I run, for example, the preconfigured script “Email CVS Diff for
>  Current Document”, this behaves as it should. However, if I copy its
>  configuration an run the copy, the problem described above appears.

I thought that a restart of Kate might help. After the restart, other
extensions than before were activated. In particular, the extension for
running external programs was deactivated. I activated it again but the
corresponding menu entry didn’t reappear. So I can’t run external programs
anymore.

It seems so true what someone said years ago on the German Debian mailing
list: “The KDE project has never released a stable version.”

Best wishes,
Wolfgang