Kernel hell

Tony Sivori TonySivori at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 30 14:37:07 UTC 2010

Thomas Olsen wrote:
> I un-installed lm-sensors but if I try to un-install libsensors4 I get:
>
> tol at tanghus:~$ sudo aptitude purge libsensors4 Reading package lists...
> Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> Reading extended state information
> Initializing package states... Done
> The following packages are BROKEN:
>   ksysguardd libsnmp15
>

> Is it necessary to remove it too?

I had a similar problem with lm sensors. This was a while back, if memory
serves as soon as I'd start lm sensors, X would freeze or crash or I'd
get a spontaneous reboot. OS was Kubuntu 8.04. It happened with two
different computers, both Intel chipped mainboards, but neither was
running integrated graphics.

Anyway, the trouble disappeared for me without uninstalling lm sensors.
All I had to do was stop running the program.

--
Tony Sivori