Help burning .vob to dvd

Alan Dacey Sr. grokit at ajinfosearch.com
Tue Jun 29 23:50:47 UTC 2010

On Tuesday, June 29, 2010 01:25:34 am Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 29/06/10 01:37, Alan Dacey Sr. wrote:

> >> Because the origignal DVD is gone so I can't rip it anymore.  I know I
> >> could've used k9copy, but right now I'm stuck with that large .vob file.
> >>    Your answer doesn't help.
> >>

> > You may be able to use K3b to make an .iso from the .vob files
>
> The trouble is he created one big, massive, blob of a vob file 4.2GB big
> - so there are no multiple files to play with.
>
> The only thing I can suggest, which I have never used so know nothing
> about it, is to try dvdstyler.
>
> BC

I got a hold of a dvd so I have some vob files to play with.  I just used DivX
Converter to make a 230MB avi file from a 1024mb vob file.

I also found that Devede handles vob files quite well.  It has an option to
make a menu-less iso ready for burning.  So I would try out devede and
see if it can handle what you made.  It does use ffmpeg behind the
scenes but is a lot more user-friendly.

--
Alan

"Now no one has to tell an old Aberdeene pub-crawler how to applaud, captain."
Montgomery Scott