10.04: print from KDE App?

Reinhold Rumberger rrumberger at web.de
Tue Jun 29 21:53:38 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 29 June 2010, Michael Renner wrote:
> Moin,
>
> from KDE Apps I can only print to files (pdf and ps). But kprinter
> is installed; it is possible to print to the remote CUPS server
> with kprinter.
>
> What do I have to install, if KDE apps should print direct to the
> CUPS server? In the KDE control center are remote printers
> enabled.

<snip list of packages>

If you're sure your cups is up and running (and working properly...),
you need to set up each printer in system settings (Systemverwaltung
-> Druckereinrichtung). After that, each visible printer should be
selectable...

There's no need to install any special packages.

  --Reinhold