Going nuts on Nepomuk

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 08:00:08 UTC 2010

On 28/06/2010 18:33, Reinhold Rumberger wrote:
> On Monday 28 June 2010, O. Sinclair wrote:

>>> If you restored your old config, there might be some leftovers
>>> in ~/.kde/share/config.
>>>
>>> If that doesn't help, try the following command to find out
>>> which related packages you have installed - there may be
>>> something strange or missing:
>>> dpkg --get-selections | grep -i "nepomuk\|strigi"
>>>
>>>     --Reinhold
>>
>> maybe something with .kderc??
>
> Well, *rc anyway...
>
>> But how to know which or what...
>
> ls -l *nepomuk* *strigi*
> and
> grep -i "nepomuk\|strigi" *
> might get you started - I'm finding nepomukserverrc and
> nepomukstrigirc
>
>> the dpkg --get and so on gives:
>> kdegraphics-strigi-plugins                      install
>> kdepim-strigi-plugins                           install
>> strigi-daemon                                   install
>> virtuoso-nepomuk                                install
>
> That seems about right.
Well, I for other reasons were checking output of dmesg and noticed
loads of errors in this style:
nepomukservices[1600]: segfault at 72737533 ip b613cca8 sp bfd858e0
error 4 in libsoprano.so.4.3.0[b60f7000+ef000]

searching around led me to this post:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/soprano/+bug/590088

after downloading and installing the packages it now seems to work. I
will give it a few hours and some reboots and see if it is stable.

Sinclair