KUb website - Community - missing link to develpers mailing list ; jor

giovanni_re john_re at fastmail.us
Tue Jun 29 01:31:00 UTC 2010

Thanks for your interest in this matter, Reinhold.  :)

On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 03:02:16 +0200, "Reinhold Rumberger" <rrumberger at web.de> said:
> On Tuesday 29 June 2010, giovanni_re wrote:
> > http://www.kubuntu.org/support
> >
> > Is important to fix, so KU users know where to learn about
> > development topics.
>
> a) The devel list is *not* a support list and shouldn't go on that
>    page.

You have ignored the first word of:
1) the title of that page,       "Community and Support" &
2) The description of that page,
"You are here: Home ยป Community and Support " &
3) the first header on that page, "Community and Support"

& focused instead on the second word in all those matters.

The developers (& the mailing list thereof) are part of the _first_ word in all those cases:
Community.

Do you think a Community web page for KUbuntu shouldn't have a pointer to the primary communication of the KUbuntu developers?  On the Kubuntu website top level Community web sub-page?

> b) Why are you posting this here?

Because the failure to have a link to the KUbuntu developers list is a
big "bug in the KUbuntu community social system",
which is a more foundational technical bug than a bug in the KUbuntu SW.

And, this is the "KUbuntu user technical support list".

So, I notified the KUbuntu community of this bug I saw.

Does the KUbuntu community have a more relevant list to inform KUbuntu users of that (the KU dev list) primary source of technical information about their systems?
==
Join in the Global weekly meetings via VOIP about all Free SW HW & Culture