Help burning .vob to dvd

Alan Dacey Sr. grokit at ajinfosearch.com
Mon Jun 28 15:37:16 UTC 2010

On Monday, June 28, 2010 09:44:25 am Gerardo wrote:
> Basil Chupin wrote:
> > On 28/06/10 15:11, Gerardo wrote:
> >> I ripped the main movie of a DVD using vobcopy and created a large .vob
> >> file (4.2 GB).
> >

> > Why would you want to do that?
> >
> > Why not simply use k9copy which is designed to do just this.
> >
> > And then use k3b to burn the "ripped" files to DVD.
> >
> > Or use k9copy and configure it to burn directly to the DVD.
> >

> >>    The .vob file has 4 audio tracks and 3 subtitle tracks
> >> and plays well on vlc and mplayer.  I would like to burn it to a DVD
> >> without any menus.  I tried
> >>
> >> dvdauthor --title -o newdvd/ Movie.vob
> >>
> >> but got the following error:
> >> ERR:  SCR moves backwards, remultiplex input.
> >>
> >> I also tried
> >>
> >> ffmpeg -i Movie.vob -acodec copy -vcodec copy -scodec copy Movie.mpg
> >>
> >> but the new movie loses the extra audio and subtitle tracks, which I
> >> would like to preserve.
> >>
> >> Any ideas?
> >>

> > See above.
> >
> > BC
> >

> Because the origignal DVD is gone so I can't rip it anymore.  I know I
> could've used k9copy, but right now I'm stuck with that large .vob file.
>   Your answer doesn't help.

You may be able to use K3b to make an .iso from the .vob files and then be
able to burn that.  Make the audio and video folders, copy the .vob files to the
video folder then drop it all in the iso and create.  Use another dvd to get the
exact folder names and folder structure.
Test it by mounting the iso as a cd.  Then see if you can play it as one using
a movie player.  If you can do that then it will work as a dvd once you burn it.

You could also use different software to make the .vob files into an .avi or ,ogv
format then use devede to make a dvd.  I'm not sure if devede supports .vob
files so try that first if you use this method.  My dvd drive is broken so I can't test it.

--
Alan

"Now no one has to tell an old Aberdeene pub-crawler how to applaud, captain."
Montgomery Scott