Going nuts on Nepomuk

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 13:19:01 UTC 2010

On 28/06/2010 14:13, Reinhold Rumberger wrote:
> On Monday 28 June 2010, O. Sinclair wrote:
>> Well as it is - when Nepomuk works I see no impact on resources
>> though I have heard others have problems. You got me a bit on the
>> track with the .kde/share.... directories, as I restored user
>> data I guess I put back old stuff there. I emptied them... and
>> voila Nepomuk started to work.
>>
>> BUT still refuses to autostart and I have manually restart 2-3
>> times. And no internet links regarding the error message has
>> given any help
>
> If you restored your old config, there might be some leftovers in
> ~/.kde/share/config.
>
> If that doesn't help, try the following command to find out which
> related packages you have installed - there may be something strange
> or missing:
> dpkg --get-selections | grep -i "nepomuk\|strigi"
>
>    --Reinhold

maybe something with .kderc?? But how to know which or what...

the dpkg --get and so on gives:
kdegraphics-strigi-plugins                      install
kdepim-strigi-plugins                           install
strigi-daemon                                   install
virtuoso-nepomuk                                install