KDE desktop switch and popup window

Tom Bell cbell44 at cfl.rr.com
Tue Jun 22 02:20:14 UTC 2010

On 06/20/2010 06:08 PM, Laurent Humblet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I used to bind/assign CTRL + ² (exponant 2) to switch to the next
> desktop.  I have a belgian keyboard layout and that key is the first key
> below the ESC key or above the TAB key.
>
> When I used CTRL + ², it used to show me a little 'popup' window where I
> could see the amount of windows (e.g. firefox, gvim and dolphin with the
> titles for each window) on the next desktop and it kept on changing the
> content of that little popup windows if I kept on pressing CTRL + ² by
> displaying the opened windows for the next desktop etc.
>
> But it only changed the desktop only when I released the keys.  That
> way, I could stay on desktop 1, browser quickly through my other
> desktops and stop on the one that contained the opened windows that I
> needed to work on.
>
> Is this still available I can't find it in the menus since Kubuntu 10.04 ?
>
> Thank you for your help,
> Laurent
>
> BTW: CTRL + ³ (which is CTRL + SHIFT + ²) never worked.

I just go to the panel at the bottom of the screen and mouse over
the different desktops that are open and all the windows open in
each are listed in a bubble.
That may not be what you want, but it could help until you find
again what you want.
Good luck!

Tom

--
"PC, "Where would you like to go today?" ...
Mac, "Where would you like to be tomorrow?" ...