virtuoso-t

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 19:00:06 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-06-16 at 15:31 -0400, Pere Planesas wrote:
> I installed Kubuntu 10.04 a couple of days ago and found that a process
> called virtuoso-t, plus a set of nepomukserver processes seem to hog a
> large fraction of the CPU and MEM, up to the point that the fan needs to
> run to cool down the cpu unit, and that opening/downloading any file
> takes several seconds. I have just killed these processes and all seems
> OK, but  I wonder what is their objective: is it safe to run without
> them? Moreover, I guess they will appear back every time a switch on my
> laptop.
>
> Any suggestions of what to do with virtuoso-t bad habits? Thanks in
> advance.

I just switched it off in system settings / advanced / Desktop
Search ... didn't hurt a thing, I don't use it (as noted in another
thread) and thankfully my system has quieted down to do other things
with.

OTOH, if I was a lawyer or custodian of a lot of documents / files, it
would be a useful thing to have, so I'm not knocking it out of hand. I
personally don't need the feature. Ric