nepomuk

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 15:27:52 UTC 2010

O. Sinclair said the following at 06/17/2010 01:32 AM :

> With a disc sufficiently much smaller than yours Strigi/Nepomuk is still
> indexing a week down the line - however this laptop stays switched off
> during nights (hmmm should perhaps leave it on to finalise?). I have
> around 85 GB of data and have "unticked" nepomuk on about 10 of those

Thank you for that information.

It was still consuming everything this morning, 2½ days after the upgrade,
so I've turned it off.

Maybe I'll just run it at night for however long it takes. It sure seems
like the indexing daemon needs some work so that it isn't so intrusive (and
it would be nice if it was a lot faster, but I can see that maybe that's
not possible).

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR