replacement or fix for gscan2pdf in lucid?

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 23:28:23 UTC 2010

Following my upgrade to lucid, whenever I run gscan2pdf (which has worked
perfectly for many releases, and was first recommended to me here), I get
the error:
  scanimage: unrecognized option '--device-name=epson2:libusb:005:002'

Can someone suggest either: (1) a way to get past this error message; or
(2) some other program that can scan and produce PDFs. (I'd kind of like to
keep gscan2pdf since it's worked so well for so long, but I'm pretty
desperate so if there's no alternative but to switch to another program,
I'm willing to do that).

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR