Non-print characters as squares.

Steve Cookson steve.cookson at sca-uk.com
Mon Jun 7 19:48:18 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have a requirement to use non-print GUI characters as text field
delimiters (with which users cannot type).  I want these to be invisible to
the user except for shading and colour which I will provide through the
application, however, I get a small square with a 4x4 matrix inside kindly
but unwantedly giving me the hex value of the non-print character.

I don't get this behaviour in command-line applications.

Is there anyway to suppress this behaviour?

Thanks for your time.

Regards

Steve

 <blocked::mailto:steve.cookson at sca-uk.com>