KDE freezes during login

Paul Lemmons paul at lemmons.name
Sun Jun 6 23:34:54 UTC 2010

On 06/06/2010 07:07 AM, Pascal Francq wrote:
> Hi,
> I made an update on Friday of kubuntu 10.04 on my netbook, and now, when I log
> into KDE, it freezes (I need to power off the computer manually). I suppose it
> may be linked to the packages updated, but since I have only access to a Wi-Fi
> network (I do not know how to connect to it trough the command line), I cannot
> start another update today to verify this hypothesis.
> Has someone an idea to solve the problem ?
> Thanks.

Try sopping the GRUB boot procecess by pressing the ESCape key during
startup. The "e"dit the vmlinuz line and remove splash and quiet from
the end. The "b"oot and see if that helps. I saw this problem on 9.10
and this got me past it. Later I updated my GRUB configuration to
removed the splash screen and it is still that way so I do not know if
the problem persists in 10.04.