kubuntu-users Digest, Vol 65, Issue 7

Brian Wootton Brian.Meg at btinternet.com
Thu Jun 3 17:58:16 UTC 2010

On 03/06/10 16:06, kubuntu-users-request at lists.ubuntu.com wrote:
>   Re: can lucid play bluray(legally or illegally)?
>

  >can lucid play bluray(legally or illegally)? if so, can anybody point

> >  me in the right direction. I've been googling about and got all sorts
> >  of messy looking(and questionable) results which I don't fancy

My solution is using DVD Fab on Wine.  Rented DVDs are decrypted&
stored on HDD for later use.  VLC plays DVD files later when I have time.
DVD Fab 7 has Blue-ray decrypt&  copy functions, so I expect it to work
with Blue-ray also.
OK, so it is the wimps way but DVD Fab is the only Windiz program I use.

Eric

Ta muchly Eric, I've installed the DVDfab 7 with wine, will
now contact my source of bluray discs to see how legal I
might be in using it and get him to send me one to try if he will.
Wonder what the kubuntu developers may have to say about this.
brian