Desk top replacement

Neil Winchurst barnaby at drofle.com
Thu Jun 3 09:53:46 UTC 2010

My brother uses Windows XP at the moment. He is considering replacing
his rather old desktop with a laptop. I am also considering the same
thing as my desktop is taking up too much room in the third bedroom
which I use as my study. (Comments have been made, especially now that
we have grandchildren who are getting old enough to visit and stay with us.)

So I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations or comments re
laptops to replace our desktops. Weight would not be a consideration, it
is mainly to take up less room. Incidentally my brother would consider
going over to Linux. For what he does on his computer it would be very
easy to convert him.

So anyone...???

Neil