ksysguard, System Monitor, ppp0, graph faulty

William Hamra w.hamra1987 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 07:49:44 UTC 2010

On 06/03/2010 05:14 AM, giovanni_re wrote:
> KUbuntu 10.4, quad core proc, 4GB RAM, plenty unused swap, plenty CPU availability.
> ksysguard with 1 second update times.
>
> Recently (past week or so?) the sys monitor program, which i've used for several years, has been screwing up the graph of rate of PPP0 data _&_ packets (two graphs).
>
> A) Instead of a smoothish graph peaking at about 16KB/s, with a fairly even level graph,
> B) it goes up & down from zero to ~39, 52, 80 KiB/s, 50, 30, 60 80 packets/sec.
>
> I have other programs that monitor the rate - KNetStats & NetHogs & IPTraf - & their displays havent changed.  So, it seems that the problem is with ksysguard.
>
> Anyone know any info / suggestions about this? Anyone heard of this, or similar misbehavior?
>
> Thanks. :)

weird, i use that all the time, it's always somewhat accurate. it has a
knack for not averaging the data it acquired per second, but rather
shows some extreme, but this is usually not THAT extreme, it just
results in a zigzagging graph ranging between 28 and 34, instead of
stable on 33.

attached to this message, is my network tab in system monitor, save it
somewhere, and do an "import tab from file", and see if mine is
accurate, maybe something is misconfigured in your end?

--
Willy K. Hamra
Manager of Hamra Information Systems