Server

Bruce Marshall bmarsh at bmarsh.com
Wed Jun 2 23:18:48 UTC 2010

On Wednesday, June 02, 2010, Billie Walsh wrote:
> > Why not try running one of the *Ubuntu  live cd's and taking a look
> > around at the hardware.....?
> >

> Do you know if the server version comes as a live CD?

In my opinion...  (someone can refute this if they want)  there is nothing
magical about a server....   maybe just some different pieces of software but
not often even that.   It's more the use you put a computer to that makes it a
server.

I have two servers in this house but you'd have to look hard to find them.
They are each about the size of a cigar box....  and just sit there and do
their thing.   One is an email server and firewall, the other runs my weather
station   at  www.bmarsh.com/weather

Both are running  9.10  Kubuntu  (with XFCE as the window manager) but neither
one currently has a monitor, or keyboard, or mouse.   Just wired LAN
connections.