Lucid keeps freezing up

William Hamra w.hamra1987 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 18:59:14 UTC 2010

On 06/01/2010 09:27 PM, Richard S. Crawford wrote:
> Between 9 and 11 this morning, Lucid has frozen on me three times. It's been
> freezing up on me once per day on average since I upgraded from Karmic last
> week.
>
> Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual  CPU  E2220  @ 2.40GHz
> 2 gb memory
>
> I'm not sure where to look for more information. I have a feeling it may be
> related to memory issues, but at 2 GB, it's hard to imagine my computer
> using up all the memory. I also thought it might be related to Firefox, but
> I have the same problem when I use Chrome, Opera, or Konqueror as my
> browser.
>
> Does anyone have any thoughts? Where can I start looking for some answers?

not as usual as you mentioned, but it has froze on me twice so far. and
i am clueless how to debug this.
the weird thing is, when it freezes, the CPU would be high, ~10 seconds
after the freeze happens, the fans go full speed. AND my reset button
won't work, which is amazing me. i thought the reset button is hardwired
to kill the computer, but it won't work, neither does the power button.
i have to unplug it.

--
Willy K. Hamra
Manager of Hamra Information Systems