lucid: DVDs no longer accessible

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Tue Jul 20 01:13:22 UTC 2010

On 07/20/2010 06:16 AM, D. R. Evans wrote:
> D. R. Evans said the following at 07/19/2010 04:11 PM :

> Also, there is no mention of any /dev/sr* device in /etc/fstab (not even
> /dev/sr0).

Did you, by any chance install lucid, or upgrade to lucid, by mounting
the iso file? (mount -o loop xxxxxxxxxx.iso /media/xxxx)

I have a similiar issue with Maverick and settled this by manually
adding an entry to cdrom in the fstab, (reboot is necessary).

/dev/scd0       /media/cdrom   udf,iso9660 user,noauto,exec,utf8 0       0

Hope this helps.
Regards - Goh Lip