Wicd won't connect in Kubuntu 10.04

Jerry Lapham rjlapham at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 00:34:56 UTC 2010

I've been connecting my Toshiba Sattellite L355 laptop with my Netgear
Wireless N150 router using Wicd on Kubuntu 9.10 for some time.  It works with
the internal RTL 8187B wireless B/G card and my USB plug-in Tenda W311U
RT2870A wireless B/G/N stick.

I recently upgraded another partition from Kubuntu 9.04 to 9.10 and then to
10.04. Now Wicd detects router(s) with either card but can't connect to them
whether secured or unsecured.  My router can see either card.  It's like they
can talk to each other but I can't take "yes" for an answer.

Why the difference and what do I do next?

	-Jerry

Jerry Lapham
Monroe, OH  45050
rjlapham at gmail.com