K3B burning DVDs

Harry Durham durham_harry at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 17 15:01:31 UTC 2010

I have linux Kubuntu Lucid 10.04 lts and have not been able to burn any avi
files to dvd using K3b. I am wondering if I have to configure K3b differently or
if there is a bug. I have viewed the Q&A website and have found another person
with the same problem with no answers yet. I can burn these avi movies as data
disks , however, they won't play on all dvd players. Can someone help me to get
the video dvd function to work. Or do I have to somehow convert the avi file to
an mpeg file. If so, what is the best software and in what folder should I save
these files to?
Best Regards!
Harry Durham