can knotify be shut off?

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 16:47:46 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-07-09 at 07:26 +0200, Nils Kassube wrote:
> Ric Moore wrote:
> > I'd like to be rid of this troublesum little deamon. It pops up, and
> > announces that I have updates, right in the middle of plotting
> > against the alien hordes, in warzone2100, and froze the entire game.
>
> That looks like two problems - irritating notifications and a buggy
> game. While I don't know how to cure the game, I think you want to
> uninstall the package "update-notifier-kde".

So far, warzone2100 is amazingly free of bugs. It just can't handle
another app intruding into it's graphical window when it's running full
screen. That just kinda blew my mind that knotify would be so
persistent.

And, at that point, I was REALLY pounding the space-aliens at a distance
with mortars and barrage missiles, holding my tanks back in reserve. If
you have ~plenty~ of time to waste, warzone2100 is a really good effort
by it's devel team. It got me through last winter's snow storms.

Next thing you know, someone will endow knotify with GPP (Genuine People
Personalities) and it'll pop up and voice-announce, no matter what
you're doing, "Hey there! I'm knotify and I'm just GUSHING to tell you
that you have upgrades waiting!" It will all come down to tears. :) Ric