How to move a program icon on the panel of kde 4.4.2

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kubuntu.org
Fri Jul 9 10:42:57 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 12:31, O. Sinclair <o.sinclair at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 09/07/2010 12:08, Myriam Schweingruber wrote:

>>> You mean the system tray? I don't think you can add arbitrary icons
>>> there just yet.
>>
>> I don't think you will ever be able to, since the developers are
>> already starting to clean out the SysTray to get rid of Applications
>> using it, which is simply not the point of the SysTray. Its aim is for
>> system applications only.
>>
> Myriam - could you shed some light on that statement? What are "system
> apps" and what are not? I for one want Kmail/Kontact, Kget, KlamAV  and
> others in there, hidden or not

Well, mostly apps that run as a deamon and where you can do some
actions on the icon itself, like the above mentioned. Add to that
Klipper, Knetworkmanager, Kbluetooth, Kleopatra, Konversation, Kopete,
Amarok, KGpg, etc. Of course also notifications, keyboard layout
changers, etc. To know more about the exact list of apps you would
need to ask in kde-devel I guess.

Regards, Myriam.
http://www.fsfe.org