Remote control of desktop

Lance DeVooght cyborghunter at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 23:32:29 UTC 2010

Michael,

I've successfully gotten through step 3... sort of.

I can ssh into lance.dyndns.org from mom's laptop. However, when I ssh
from mom's laptop to lance.dyndns.org I have to login as a user
on the desktop ssh-server. Even though I created the key pair on mom's
and copied the public key file to the desktop ssh-server per the ssh howtos.

Furthermore, when I try "ssh lance" from mom's after creating her
~/.ssh/config and adding the lines as in step 3, I am prompted to
give a password for "mom at lance.dyndns.org". Yep, that's right, "mom."

Any idea where I am going wrong?

BTW, the ssh man pages are NO way to learn ssh. They (like most man pages)
are only god as a reference for those that already know the program.

The howtos, I have found, are only a little better. If you know of one that
is clear and easy for a ssh newbie to follow please tell me about it.

Regards,

Lance