Black panel

Alan Dacey Sr. grokit at ajinfosearch.com
Thu Jul 8 00:33:27 UTC 2010

On Wednesday, July 07, 2010 02:54:28 pm Jerry Lapham wrote:
> I've recently installed Kubuntu 10.04 on my desktop to a newly formatted
> partition.  The install was probably the smoothest yet.  Only problem so far
> is that the panel is acting strange.  The left part (Quick Launcher, Quick
> Access Browser, Pager, and Task Bar) all have a black background with some
> gray vertical stripes.  It makes the Pager and Task Bar very hard to read.
> The System Tray portion is normal.  I've hunted all over and have not found a
> way to change it.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> 	-Jerry

I think that resizing the panel will fix that, at least temporarily.  You can also install
a different theme.  If I remember correctly creating a duplicate panel (fill it with all
running widgets to make it easy) then deleting the original one will also stop the
black half from popping up.

--
Alan

"Now no one has to tell an old Aberdeene pub-crawler how to applaud, captain."
Montgomery Scott