Major help needed - I want to install support using ndiswrapper

Terry Talim melanyor at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 21:16:39 UTC 2010

Major help needed.  I want to install support using ndiswrapper for a d-link
wireless usb.  I extracted it to my user directory.  However, I cannot make
head nor tail of the installation notes on the web.  They tell of using a
"make" command:

Installing ndiswrapper:

Go to the directory holding your ndiswrapper, and run:

sudo make install

According to what I'm told - "make" is not a command.

Other notes say I need to install the build-essential in order  to use the
make command.

I write: "sudo apt-get install build-essential"

Next the I get this:

"E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11 Resource temporarily
unavailable0
E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is another
process using it?
Reading package lists .....Done
Building dependency tree...Done
Initializing package states...Done
Building tage database...Done
E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11 resource temporarily
unavailable)
E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is another
process using it?"

When I then try and use the "make" command it is still not recognised

Trying to re run the build-essential stuff just gives the reply:

"E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11 Resource temporarily
unavailable0
E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is another
process using it?"

And the "make" command still doesn't work...geez I am such a noob at
this...help please...

Bill Talim
Email: melan at gmail.com
Sites: http://geologyonlinecourses.com/ and