Failed installation of Wine and e-Sword.

David Kuntadi d.kuntadi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 10:24:22 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 2:40 PM, Steven Vollom
<stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Right now, using the uninstall feature of Wine,
> the instruction for removal says to highlight what you want to remove from the
> list, however there is nothing listed.

What do you want to remove? I thought there is nothing to remove as
you have not installed anything.

> When I click on the Kmenu>Applications>there is an entry for Wine>when I click
> on Wine there are two choices Configure Wine/Uninstall Wine Software>when I
> click on Uninstall Wine Software>I get a window showing the add/remove
> application for Wine

No, this is not the way.

> I have tried to:  sudo apt-get remove wine, too.  When I do, it says Wine is
> not installed.  Still, when I go through all the steps to get Wine 1.1.37
> installed again and the about option of configuration indicates that Wine
> 1.1.37 is installed, I still get the warning

To check, try to run in terminal:

wine --version

You have to open the universe repository . Please give me the output of:

cat /etc/apt/sources.list

DK