Failed installation of Wine and e-Sword.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 26 01:34:04 UTC 2010

On Monday 25 January 2010 05:04:34 pm David Kuntadi wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 8:35 PM, Steven Vollom
>
> <stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > I used the command:  sudo apt-get remove wine, and got the following:
> >
> > steven at Yeshua:~$ sudo apt-get remove wine
> > Reading package lists... Done
> > Building dependency tree
> > Reading state information... Done
> > Package wine is not installed, so not removed
> > 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
> > steven at Yeshua:~$
>
> Ubuntu 9.10 provide 2 wine versions: wine and wine1.2
> In this case, you have installed wine1.2. So, the correct command is:
>
> sudo apt-get remove wine1.2
>
> I have made deb installer for ubuntu 9.10, you could donwload it from
>  below:
>
> http://ubuntuce.com/repos/Ubuntu_CE/karmic_i386/ubuntu-ce_1.8_all.deb
>
> It would force you to use wine, not wine2.1. Please try the new
> installer, it is the same as previous installer except now it would
> use wine instead of wine1.2

Dear David,

I hope my problem does not reflect on your fine application.  It worked fine in
the past, always the problems have been other than your installer.  Truely I
am getting a little more experienced.  I just opened the Wine configuration and
clicked on the About tab.  It says that I have Wine 1.1.37 installed, not Wine
1.2.  Is there any possibility that I somehow corrupted the installer
installation?  I copied a png of the configuration to assure you.

I can see I mispelled your name.  I am sorry.  While you are receiving this, I
will remove the previous installer and download the one you gave me the
address for.  If I am successful, I will post as 'SOLVED'.  Thanks!  Nice to
hear from you.

Steven