Failed installation of Wine and e-Sword.

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Mon Jan 25 21:18:15 UTC 2010

On Monday 25 January 2010 8:06:16 am Clay Weber wrote:
> Have you tried out bibletime or xiphos ? Wine can often be a major pain in
> the butt., as you are seeing right now.

I think the same way.  I tried to use wine and e-sword early on (ibex?) and
had nothing but trouble with it.  I decided to give BibleTime a chance and
WOW, it ran circles around e-sword and just worked!!  Uses all the sword
project Bibles only faster and better for a minister building weekly sermons!
Never looked back and was able to drop all windoze stuff off of my computer!
You can't get me back to that "business" OS without a lot of kickin' and
screamin' and even so, if you do, ...YOU are going to hurt alot!!   I still
running Hardy Kubuntu with BibleTime 2.5 but plan to upgrade to 10.04 (the
next LTS release) about a week or so after it comes live.  It REALLY feels so
much better to be windoze free!

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org  _Registered Kubuntu User: #27403