Failed installation of Wine and e-Sword.

Eberhard Roloff tuxebi at gmx.de
Mon Jan 25 16:03:07 UTC 2010

On 01/25/2010 02:35 PM, Steven Vollom wrote:

> steven at Yeshua:~$ sudo apt-get remove wine
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> Package wine is not installed, so not removed
> steven at Yeshua:~$
>
> This is confusing, because when I open Kmenu, it shows that Wine is an
> installed application.

Dar Steven,

forget about the kmenu entry.
just try this
sudo apt-get install wine

Then as a next step, you should use this as user steven
winecfg

Go through the menue and adjust to your taste. This is
mostly just to be on the safe side, since you can usually
leave anything as it is.

Lastly go with the commandline to where your e-sword
executable is located and try this
wine nameofeswordexecutable

where you change "nameofeswordexecutable" to the name of the
application that you want to install.

Then report back, what happens.

Kind regards
Eberhard