crossposting/multiposting (Was: ISO size breakdown? ISO diff?)

Amedee Van Gasse (ub) amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be
Mon Jan 18 09:47:15 UTC 2010

On Mon, January 18, 2010 09:53, giovanni_re wrote:

> [I'll send this seperately to both the Ub & KUb lists, so you might want
> to look on the other list for answers, too.]

What you did, is called multiposting.
What I am doing, is called crossposting. I just subscribed to the
kubuntu-users list to be able to do that without errors. Because of my
procmail filters, all ubuntu-users and kubuntu-users mail will end up in
the same folder:

:0:
* ^(List-Id|To|Cc):.*ubuntu-users
.linux.ubuntu.users/

Now my question is: what is the recommended method on the Ubuntu mailing
lists? Crossposting? Multiposting? Or are both frowned upon?

I don't want to start a discussion here because I'm sure that
cross/multiposting will not happen a lot. I'm just asking out of
curiosity.

--
Amedee